Tuesday, November 1, 2011

With Any Luck

One thing I keep bringing up on this blog and in conversation is that I believe the Dogs have run out of bad luck. We aren't above dumb penalties and mistakes...I'm just saying the bad luck lacks the severity and timing that it once had. I think we've paid our fair share in unbelievable turnovers and penalties at critical times over the past couple of seasons.

We now seem to be winning the close games. Winning the ugly games. Winning the games we should win because we are no longer committed to beating ourselves.

With any luck on the positive side we have 6 more games to look forward to this season. I have predicted it before and have no reason to alter my assertion. The Georgia Bulldogs will win out. We have yet to see the full power of the machine in motion. We are watching young players gel. We are watching Freshmen and Sophomores learn complicated systems and assignments. Our coaches have found a great bunch of young guys that want to be coached and have bought into being a Bulldog. Seems getting rid of a couple of guys can go a long way.

I could go on about this and that but here's the abbreviated version that I assume everyone can see for themselves. Defense is playing great. Offense seems to be picking up. Bobo is calling a better game. Special teams is awful. I assume the coaches see all these things and will address what needs to be addressed. I'm on a purely opinionated mission here.

I'd love to see us win out. South Carolina needs to drop one. We get to play LSU or Bama. We trip them up. We go to a BCS bowl and execute against a great opponent.

By the end of the year, we will be the team that nobody wants to play.

**UPDATED** 4:45pm. Nov 1.

So I just read that Crowell, Carlton Thomas, and Ken Malcome are suspended for failing a drug test. On top of that...Richard Samuel is out. We literally lost 4 running backs since Saturday.

I am going to say that while that flies in the face of my bad luck theory...I choose to look at it in a positive light. At least it happened before the New Mexico State game and not Auburn.

Will be interesting to see if this dies or gets worse. A lot worse. I hope our luck is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment