Sunday, December 4, 2011

Let It Go

I write this blog not for the stats and expert analysis. I write this blog not for the adoration of fans. I have none. Nobody reads it as far as I know. I should call it, "Tree falling in the forest."

I admittedly care too much about the Dogs and how they play. I'm a normal guy with a respectable career, great wife, and a happy regular, well-adjusted life. This is my one oddity. I watch and care about a football team from the college I attended and graduated from 20 years ago. Oh well.

So on to expunging my frustration about the LSU game...then I'll be positive.

I tend to watch games and think of them in moments of potential. In other words...if we get this first down...if we don't stop them...that kind of thing. For instance...what does the other path look like if we catch that first touchdown? What does it look like if we catch the second? Or if we hit the field goal? Or if they actually called the clipping, holding, spearing, or touchback on that run back? The answer is that we'll never know...and that is what bugs me.

I realize that we'll never know and that it perhaps doesn't matter. As a fan though, I can't ignore it. I have no responsibility to "respond" to adversity. I can only hope my team does. I don't have to "get over" wondering about the what-ifs?

What chaps my hide is that we have to deal with them in the first place. If you execute you have better luck. If you catch the ball and score, you don't have to wonder. If you don't commit a dumb penalty, you don't give them the damn ball back on 4th down.

In the end you can say it's true that it does no good to wonder what could have been. I'll grant you that. My point is that you know exactly what happens if you execute. Look back at the previous ten games. It means you win.

Looking ahead, I hope our coaches can keep the players holding their heads high and teach them the lesson. Look how good you look when you play hard and execute. You are young. You have two more seasons of this ahead of you. Learn the lesson.

The Georgia Bulldogs can play with anybody when they do not beat themselves.

Really looking forward to the bowl and next year. Go Dogs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment